OPINION chapter 2 part 1 sampai 3

 




My  Name : Aaron Jackson 




Activity 3


E. Exercises


Task 1. 

Fill in the blanks using the opinion expressions given in the box below.


1. I … with you bullying should be banned.

2. It is all right if you don't agree with me but I have every right to my… .

3. As far as I … , I will not support bullying in my school.

4. I … that medical care should be free for everyone.

5. Some people … eating fish and yogurt at the same time causes a severe skin disease.


Answer :

1. I strongly believe with you bullying should be banned.

2. It is all right if you don't agree with me but I have every right to my opinion.

3. As far as I am concerned, I will not support bullying in my school.

4. I totally agree that medical care should be free for everyone.

5. Some people believe that eating fish and yogurt at the same time causes a severe skin disease.


Task 2.

Below are several opinions. Some of them are polite and some impolite.

Highlight an opinion with:


Red : if it is an impolite way of disagreeing.

Blue : if it is a polite way of disagreeing.

Green : if it is a polite way of giving an opinion.

Yellow : if it is an impolite way of giving an opinion.


1. I am afraid, I don't agree with you on this matter.

2. I agree with you to a certain point but I would appreciate if you look at it from another point of view.

3. That's an interesting idea but I think our idea is much better.

4. Do you really think like that?

5. Rubbish! Nonsense! I don't agree with this.

6. Actually, as a matter of fact, I think we can look at it again and decide.

7. This is what I am getting at.

8. You want to know what I think? Let me tell you what I think.

9. I feel compelled to disagree with you on this matter.

10. I find it rather silly that you think like this.


Answer :

1. I am afraid, I don't agree with you on this matter.

2. I agree with you to a certain point but I would appreciate if you look at it from another point of view.

3. That's an interesting idea but I think our idea is much better.

4. Do you really think like that?

5. Rubbish! Nonsense! I don't agree with this.

6. Actually, as a matter of fact, I think we can look at it again and decide.

7. This is what I am getting at.

8. You want to know what I think? Let me tell you what I think.

9. I feel compelled to disagree with you on this matter. 10. I find it rather silly that you think like this.


Activity 4 


Example Dialogue Opinion 


Aaron : Hi, can I ask you something?   

Maleka : Of course. What is that?    

Aaron : I need your opinion about my painting. Do you think it's good enough?    

Maleka: Wow, I think your painting is beautiful. Did you paint this all by yourself? Anggraita : Of course. Do you think my painting is not too much?    

Maleka: No, I really like your painting. Especially the colors.    

Aaron: Thank you. Your opinion means a lot to me.


D. EXERCISE


Task 1. 

Look at the jumbed sentence below! Arrange them into good dialogue!

B : Yeah. Once, one of my good friends lied to me. He was a really good friend,

and I just felt completely betrayed. It destroyed the friendship.

B : In my opinion friends need to be completely honest. One little lie and the

friendship just disappears.

A : Some people say friends are always honest with each other. What do you

think?

A : Ah, that’s pretty strong language. Do you really think that?


ANSWER:


A : Some people say friends are always honest with each other. What do you

think?

B : In my opinion friends need to be completely honest. One little lie and the

friendship just disappears.

A : Ah, that’s pretty strong language. Do you really think that?

B : Yeah. Once, one of my good friends lied to me. He was a really good friend,

and I just felt completely betrayed. It destroyed the friendship.


Task 2. 

Read the following Context! Then, brainstorm the ideas and give your

opinion based on that context.


Benny has sent a letter to Rudy asking for his opinion about his problem in

managing his fund. Benny has not had much enough. He is confused to decide

whether to buy a bicycle to take take him to school or to run a small farm in sheep

animal husbandry.


As Rudy, write a letter to Benny giving response and opinion about his problem.


The top of the letter (Greetings to Benny)


Briefly describe Benny's problem. Tell me how you feel if you were Benny.


State clearly your position (as Rudy) agree to the use of Benny's money to buy a bicycle or whether for goat breeding business capital. Give reasons that support your opinion.


Give good wishes to Benny for your opinion


cover letter




ANSWER: 


Hi Benny, How r u? I already read ur letter that u sent to me, and heres my answer


From what I read and caught, your problem is in money management and you are hesitant to make a decision, huh? I understand, if I was u, I would be confused too.


I agree if you want to use your money, because you really need it. In my opinion, it's better if you use your money for goat farming, because later you can get a bigger profit from there as long as you manage it well and can buy the bike you want. for now you can go to school using public transportation or walk there. 


I hope my opinion doesn't bother you and can help you. I wish you good health and success always, I hope you find a way out


Regards, Rudy






Komentar